Monday, January 11, 2010

The Plan

Good news! I'm crawling out of my little, non-blogging hole. I do recommend that whole Christmas letter on the blog over the entire holiday season idea. Because really, there are better things I can be doing with my time. But now, apparently, I have nothing better to do. Except pack. And obsess about 2 closings, driving across half the country with the dog, burdening my friends with my children while I do so. And then make about a thousand to-do lists. Man, I have a lot to do. But yet, here I am. Wouldn't want to leave you hanging for too long.

Yes, we have a new plan. On Friday, the 29th, the girls and I and Boomer will leave after preschool and head to Wichita. Cory will be out-processing that day, I believe, but he will also head to Wichita that night. We will stay the night at the Bairs. Then the next morning, Cory and I will head out with both vehicles and Boomer and leave the girls with Laura. Who swears she is EXCITED about this idea. Love her. Then I will drive for 2-1/2 days switching cars every so often with Cory. You drive that Accord too long and your butt will fall asleep. There will definitely be some books on CD. And some regular CDs. And some radio. Let's hope there will NOT be any puking. We hope to spend the first night in Illinois, with the McBrides. Then we'll move on to somewhere in West Virginia. By Monday, we should arrive in the Hampton Roads area in time to board Boomer. Dude will just have to chill for awhile, because we don't close on our house until the 3rd, and then we still won't actually stay there until the weekend. This assumes our household goods will (please, God!) be delivered that Thursday or Friday. I will fly back to Wichita on Tuesday and the girls and I will be staying with the Ayottes until Saturday, when we will fly (with Gigi in tow) to Virginia. Where there should be a new house full of boxes ready for me.

Doesn't that just sound like a blast? I know you're jealous.

10 comments:

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

That's a very well thought out plan! Wish we could be there to help. You could always ship those precious girls and the big pup over to us :) So many exciting things ahead for you! I can't wait to visit... I really am considering April!!!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh....the legistics of moving totally stress me out!!! Sounds like you have a great plan though!!! I am liking the idea of leaving kids behind for the drive!!!! We will definitely need to consider that!!! You know we are here for it all, my house is your house, dump stuff, kids, dog, whatever you need anytime you want!!! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know what is going on!! Hang in there! Love you, Mom

Jennifer said...

It's a good plan. It will be stressful, but it'll be over before you know it!

Two things:

A: It's not a burden when your friends help you. One of the advantages of this crazy life is the friends we have scattered about the world who are able to help us in times of need. You simply need to pay it forward.

B: You may have to work with a dog who has regained some old habits / behaviors when you get him out of the kennel. But you know that, right? He'll be fine after a while.

Enjoy your adventure!

Anonymous said...

I will not be in tow, I will be towing. When I told a friend I was going along to help with the luggage &/or the girls she said you are going to be handling luggage??? I replied it might be easier than a 3 &4 year old.
I am looking forward to this adventure. GiGi

Jill said...

Jennifer -- thanks for both reminders. I will definitely pay it forward. And Boomer always is squirrely for a day or two after he gets home from being boarded. This time ought to REALLY be fun, since it will be an unfamiliar kennel and he'll come home to an unfamiliar house. Maybe he'll forgive us once he sees his enormous back yard!

Gigi -- hee hee. True enough. You will NOT be in tow. We are so glad you're coming along to help! :-)

Tanya said...

I second what Jennifer said. You are NOT a burden to us! How dare you think such a thing!! We are super excited to see you, well the boys would be if I would tell them you are coming. I think I'll wait until the night before! :) Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed having the Petersons for Christmas this year. The girls are simply adorable! The house is finally back in order and the snow is piling higher. Your plan sounds doable. We will be praying for your safety as you travel. Love, Grandma Lou and Grandpa Greg. PS Jill you missed a few, we have 38 chairs.

The Ellery Family said...

Good Luck! I wish I could go with you! I'm getting pretty good at the whole packing and unpacking thing with as much as we have moved in the last 4 years lol =)

Anonymous said...

Seriously...reread your post...all I have to do is shelter and love your girls...I have the easiest task of all! Can't wait!! Love, Auntie Mrs. Laura