We hope this letter finds you in good health and good spirits. We had a great but busy year, like most of you probably did. Here's the rundown of our year!
Cory... finished his Master's in Business Administration and his office led the base to a very successful UCI (Unit Compliance Inspection.) He also continued to fly these:

Jill... got rid of 1/3 of our belongings and lost 25 lbs, stayed busy with friends and our church, and supervised the bathroom (and other) renovations.

Sydney ... turned 4, played soccer, was a flower girl, started dance, is in her 2nd year of preschool, is starting to sound out words and has blossomed in so many ways. We just love her so much!

Brenna... turned 2, left babyhood far behind, started MDO twice a week, enjoyed kids yoga classes, LOVES her stuffed animals and her sister, And can't go anywhere without someone commenting on how cute she is. How could you not love this face?

Let's see... this year we saw both sets of grandparents several times, travelled to Wichita and Kansas City to see good friends

Got a dog. His name's Boomer, but we are definitely not Sooner fans.

Said goodbye to our sweet kitty Jenna. Went to Great Wolf Lodge twice (both times to say goodbye to dear friends who were moving away!) That place will wear a girl out!

Took a super fun trip to San Antonio to see friends, visit the Alamo, go to the zoo, children's museum and Seaworld.



And also took a side trip to Austin to see Uncle Bob and Auntie Gwen and the rest of the family. We loved seeing them!


Syd had a dance recital.

And Brenna mastered the tricycle.

We were blessed to know so many fabulous people here in Altus and indeed, across the country and even the world. We can't complain about the Air Force life. We recently got orders to Virginia, so we have been busy selling this:
(flamingos and dog not included)And buying this:

We expect to hit the road the first week of February and are excited for all this new staff job for Cory and new city for us will hold. We hope all of you will consider coming to visit!
That's about it for our Christmas letter. We hope it finds you, like us, celebrating the true reason for the season -- the birth of a baby in Bethlehem who would become the Savior of the world. We wish for you the peace that comes from knowing and loving Him. We are blessed and grateful for our family and friends. May your New Year be full of wonder!
Merry Christmas!
Cory, Jill, Sydney and Brenna
P.S. PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT so we know you stopped by!

12 comments:
So, will there be a guest room in VA? Nick and I already joked that we've been to all your "other houses", and he's never been to VA. Perhaps we'll have to schedule a trip out to see you sometime! :)
Theresa, you better! It's a pretty small group that's been to ALL of our houses so far. You don't want to risk losing your membership. There's room for all 4 of you so please plan to come whenever you want! There is so much to do out there, I can't wait!
What a great Christmas letter! I love the way you did it, so creative and fun! I'm a big fan of picture books :) Oh how we miss our Petersons. What a great year you've had! Love to all.
MJBL
What a busy year. I am tired just reading your letter. Very cute pictures!
Great letter as always! I've got to get mine done! Andrew misses you all and remind me to tell you the "I'm going to marry Sydney" story. :) Love you!
Glad to hear from you on the blog. Love, Mom
GORGEOUS house in Virginia!!!! Congrats! Great letter and Merry Christmas!
=) Crazy year huh? Life doesn't seem to slow down any more! It was great to see you guys at the wedding this year. Sydney was a wonderful flower girl! And Brenna's wonderful little smile is always great to see! I love your Christmas letters! Good luck in the new year!
I think I'm going to steal this idea and post a Christmas letter on my blog too. Because it's the 21st and I haven't even thought about my cards yet!
I wish you a smooth move and a seamless transition into your new assignment.
Have a very merry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas!!!
I've been anxious to hear if you found a home. You did and what a wonderful home for all of you to start your next life venture. It was great for you to visit us and so much fun to see the girls. Have a great holiday.
Love & Hugs from Auntie Gwen & the Texas relatives
Very belated, but still just as merry, Christmas wishes to your family. Sounds like a pretty dang good year (with the exception of loosing sweet Jenna). Good luck with the move. I don't envy you that task, but am excited for you once you get settled!
Jill,
I just was thinking of you and stopped to see how everything is going on your end. Where will you be in Virginia? I loved my time there -- from school at James Madison Univ. to life in NoVa and working in Washington DC. My brother and his family are currently living in Alexandria and so many of my friends are still there, so maybe we'll visit . . .
Your girls are adorable and growing up so fast. Amazing how that happens, huh? Hope they thrive during the transition and find just the right school,
church, friends, etc.
We added Darren to the family this year and after sending out his announcements I did not do Christmas letters, so no complete update from our end but you can always check for random news on the website.
Enjoy today.
Jennifer (Jonker) Loftin
Post a Comment