Thursday, August 02, 2007

Progress at the new house

Well, we returned from Wichita to find the work on the house well underway. These pictures were accidentally taken on the action setting (a setting I find very helpful for taking pics of babies and toddlers) so they are a bit blurry. And I continue to not understand why vertical pictures are not showing up that way when I have changed the setting on the Mac. Oh well. At least you'll be able to get the idea. Next week is flooring and the appliances arrive. By the end of the week, we can start moving stuff in. Scary!

A work in project... the garage is full of stuff while the new house gets it's big makeover!

They attached all the cabinet doors to the wall in the garage and painted them in there.

Sam built this mantle in like an hour or something. I love it. It will be painted, of course.

This is our new front door and the light fixture is new as well.

Sam works on the kitchen. I can't believe how much painting the cabinets white has brightened up this kitchen I think it's going to be an amazing transformation.

Cory and Brenna check out the new living room. The formica for the kitchen is the big roll off to the left. You can't see the color of the walls very well, but it's called "wheat ridge" and I think it turned out great. It's in the living, dining, kitchen, hallway and office/guest room. Good thing I like it, huh?

This is the master bedroom and James, one of the guys who is doing the work. The paint color is called "sprig of sage"

This is Brenna's room. Syd's is the same color. It's called Banana Cream. Cory isn't sure he likes it, but I think it will look great once there is furniture in the rooms.

This is how they stood up all the doors to paint them. Ingenious, huh? Seeing this just makes me happy that I paid someone to paint instead of doing it myself.

No comments: