Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Randomness, thanks to Jaimee!

So my friend Jaimee inspired me to blog not just when I have cute pictures.... okay, I always have cute pictures, but that's not the point.... but sometimes just what's going through my mind. So here it is...

1. Crawling is good. I love that Brenna is able to crawl over and get to whatever she's been eyeing. It obviously makes her soooooo happy. She's growing up so fast. And she's so sweet. And quick -- how do I get her older sister to stop flinging things (crayons, blueberry muffins, chocolate milk cups, tiny fuzzy kitty cats, toothbrushes) all over the floor where they are easy for my little crawler to shove in her mouth. Note to self: vacuum more often.

2. Babies are so just like big people. As soon as Brenna Claire mastered crawling, that was immediately not enough for her. Now she has to try to pull up on everything. And she's getting really good at it. I'll bet she's walking somewhere in the 10 month range. Okay, maybe 11. I feel a little bad that I'm not all sentimental about losing my baby. I'm actually excited for the day when I can go somewhere and just set them both on the ground and hold hands on the way into the grocery store or wherever. For now, it's still a big production. Wait, I DO feel sentimental about something. I am fondly remembering running errands and not dealing with carseats, cart covers, ridiculous things at kid eye level on grocery store shelves and fitting all of the above into the 20 minutes a day when someone is not cranky or napping.

3. Sydney has suddenly realized that she can disagree with Mama. And she loooooves it. Her new favorite phrase is "no, mama, no!" She says it all matter of factly, with a sweet little voice and tilts her head. And then she smiles. 2 is a fun age, huh? Some of you are laughing. I can hear you all the way out here in SW Oklahoma. Shut up.

4. Laura Bair, are you reading this? I was pushing Sydney in a swing at the park yesterday and it dawned on me that she is like an exact replica of Brookie Bair at that age. I know we've joked about it before, but I mean seriously. Skinny Minnie, flyaway hair, a mouth that doesn't quit, all these high pitched whiney noises, cute-as-all-getout, gets-away-with-murder. They. Are. Exactly. The. Same. (Except for the red hair.) And you shut up too. ;-)

Everyone's sleeping, so I should too. Morning comes pretty early around here. Love to you all!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Love the new addition to your blog! I was just thinking the other day that I needed to do the same thing b/c Andrew says some funny things and I have no memory. So, I better write them down somewhere! Love, Tanya

Anonymous said...

Of COURSE I am reading this and I wasn't laughing. . .very loudly!! Ha ha! I mean that in the nicest way of course. It is just payback for all the times you laughed at me struggling with the Bair children. Honest Abe, Brooke's halloween costume is called "Drama Queen Diva, It's All About Me". I'll save it for you! Love ya!! Laura

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Whoooo Hooooo! I got a little shout out on your blog! I feel so special! By the way, this was such a funny post... so raw and honest and insightful and precious! And not just because you included my name! This is one you'll want to share with them one day. It really tells a little about all of you at this time in your lives!
love,
Jaimee