Sunday, December 09, 2007

Around the House

We've had a rough couple of weeks around here. Thus the reason for my tardiness in posting. I remember thinking not long ago that maybe I was getting the hang of this 2 kid thing and not long after that, everything went to you-know-where. Sydney has started throwing massive temper tantrums... the best one was in the middle of Wal-Mart. Yes, I have THAT kid now. Great. She also has started waking up again in the middle of the night screaming her head off. I know she doesn't feel 100% and she's been to the doctor several times, but we can't pin anything down. Brenna's got a cold too, and is really, really stuffy especially in the evening, so she's not sleeping all that great either. So fabulous... guess what? That means I'm getting like maybe 2 hours of sleep at a time. I'm in a great mood, too. Can you tell?

Here are some pics from just hanging around the house.
The tree in our backyard is gorgeous. I'm posting this one just for you, Holly. I missed the leaves turning so much while we were in Hawaii.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We got a new game that I recommend. It's called Who lives Where and I found it at Target.com. It has wooden animals and you put them in their houses and put the little roofs on.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's the girls alternately making messes and "helping clean up."
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Brenna is not far from walking, I think. She pulls up everywhere, on everything. And she's so tall that she can even reach our lower counter in the kitchen. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket This is cute... she anticipates the flash and squints. Ha!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Speaking of that counter, I love it. Sydney uses it all the time for coloring, stickers or whatever, especially while I'm working in the kitchen. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket We tried out these new brushes with the paint in them that someone sent Syd... they were a hit!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh, and fun mommy idea... I used masking tape to make a super simple track for Sydney (and Brenna, but she just wanted to eat the tape) to play cars on and Syd really liked that idea.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So yeah, not a lot going on, as you can see. But we're still alive.... in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great ideato make a track with tape. Love Mom