Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Silenced

This morning on the way to preschool, I heard Syd singing a tune from PBS' Sid the Science Kid.

"Yeah!" I said, and joined in, "I love my mom! My mom is cool! But now it's time... for having fun at school!"

"NO MOMMY. JUST SAY YEAH!" Syd said, giving me the stink eye.

Why can't I ever join in on the singing? I'm not THAT bad.

Later, I was singing along with the radio after Bible Study on my way back to pick up Syd and I hear Brenna pipe up from the back seat. "No, mama! Not that song."

Great. 2 against 1. Anyone else not allowed to sing either?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Grayson and I both tell Jerry to stop whistling... he's so off-tune! =) Cute post!

Christina Ragusin said...

Lol me! And I was a soloist in my school and church choir. I know I'm good. But I am not allowed to sing. Ever.

Ben, Holly, Logan, and Cora said...

Haha. Logan lets Ben dance with him, and tells me I can't dance. If Ben sings in the car, Cora will plug her ears. There's just no winning. I thought only teenagers thought their parents were a little bit wacky.

Tanya said...

Andrew loves to sing, especially at meal time. So I joined in the other day. "No mommy! Don't sing." And then he launches back into song. How did these double standards start?

Motherhood Mayhem said...

I am only allowed to sing if I am asked...

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

I wore him down :)

Megan said...

Oh yes! Dia is always saying "Momma no singing!"

Unknown said...

Yep, little Andrew who isn't even 2 yet tells me to "OP!" and will yell it until I do!!! Alex doesn't mind though. One down... one to go.