Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thanks, Car!

Photobucket

We had just returned home from having lunch with Cory. I was removing Brenna's shoes, as it was her nap time. She was saying something that I wasn't quite catching, mostly because Sydney was repeating, "I need my purple toothbrush. I need my purple toothbrush. I need my purple toothbrush," about 3 inches from my ear in a fairly loud voice.

"OKAY!" I said, "Go get it!" and pointed out the still open door to the garage. As soon as she turned that way, I grabbed the key fob and opened the car door for her. Then I returned to my task at hand. A few seconds later I realized Sydney was standing by the door again, chanting. "Close the door, Car. Close the door!" Then she paused and repeated herself.

I reached over to the keys and pushed the button, and as she saw the door close, she said, "Thanks!" and came back in.

She totally thinks the car senses our needs and opens and closes the door whenever we need it to. I'm wondering why she is more polite to inanimate objects than she is to me. Oh well, i got a good giggle out of it anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a funny story. I got a good giggle out of it too. Love ya, Mom

Jessie said...

henry has yet to think this, but that is probably because i have the first van ever made with no automatic doors.

thanks for the laugh!

Jennifer said...

Funny!
We made the mistake of using the automatic buttons for the doors the first time Jon's parents were in our van. Now Jon's mom thinks the doors work the same way Sydney thinks they do. She NEVER opens or closes the doors herself. She just waits for it to open to let her out, and then she just gets out and walks away. It makes us laugh every time.