Monday, November 10, 2008

Sah-yud

Brenna Claire generally wakes up happy from her nap but the other day she woke up on the proverbial wrong side of the crib and after I lifted her out she stalked out into the kitchen and furrowed her brow and said, "I wah sayud."

"You want what?" I questioned her. Oh, that pissed her off too. She was being, as far as she knew, perfectly clear on her expectations.

"Sayud!" she demanded. "SAYUD!"

"Do you want some juice?" Distraction is my middle name.

I kid you not, she looked at me with disgust and said, "I wahhhhhhhhhh SAYUD. SAYUD. SAHHHHHHHHHH-YUDDDDDDDDD!"

I would have been irritated at her attitude and demands, if I hadn't been trying not to laugh.

"Can you show mommy?" I asked her. She padded over to the fridge, pulled it open and pointed at the crisper drawer. "Sayud!"

"Salad? You want salad? Seriously?" I pulled out the bag of lettuce and held it out. You want salad?"

"Uh huh." She nodded, looking at me like I was a moron.

"Oh-kayyyyy!" I said, "You want tomatoes?"

"Deth." (yes.)

"Sauce?" (ranch dressing -- another "deth")

Cucumbers? ("no!" -- I guess the kid knows what she wants.)

I couldn't think of any good reason why I shouldn't let her have salad for an afternoon snack. This kid cracks me up.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Christina Ragusin said...

LOL! That is way too cute!! Have her talk to Ava for me. Ava, the drama queen, will gag at the sight of "Sayud" with ranch dressing!

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

She is so strange, I love it! That has NEVER been a request in our house... in fact, I bet it isn't in most :)

Tanya said...

This is too cute! I first interpreted her request as "I was sad." Boy, would that have made her mad if I was the one trying to guess her request! Love reading about the attitude. I know living with it is a different story!

Sarah said...

lol -- I thought she wanted Syd. Salad is just as good, I guess!!! lol SO cute!

Anonymous said...

I thought she might be saying Syd also. Glad you figured it out.Love , Mom