Man, I've been avoiding blogging like the plague. So much for NABLOPOMO. NABLOPOMO was a NOGO. Oh well, I was doing really good there for awhile, then we went to Wichita for Thanksgiving and then I came home and everything spun up into extreme craziness.
Firstly, we came home to a very sick Jenna. After a couple days at the vet, an X ray revealed that our kitty had Lymphoma. There was not much they could do and she was not comfortable or herself, so we opted to say goodbye and let her go. Cory went with me and we both cried. She was our first baby. We found her in the parking lot of the apartment building we lived in when we were first married in Wichita. She has been with us through 7 years of moving and babies and life. She stuck around long enough to teach Boomer his proper place. I don't think she felt like making another move. We will miss our sweet, spunky girl.
Secondly, we listed the house last Tuesday and got on offer for it on Friday afternoon. We countered back and forth several times on Saturday and are happy to announce that there's a "SOLD" sign in our front yard! Hopefully the inspections and appraisal will go smoothly. Cory and I head out in a week to Virginia for a very short house hunting trip. It was such a blessing to have this house sold before that, so we feel confident in our decision to buy a house there if we find something we like. It's a little nerve-wracking because it's so much more expensive there, but we are excited about the possibilities. (We will also look at base housing as an option.) The girls will stay here with their favorite babysitter, Ms. Carleen, so they won't miss school or MDO or any of their activities. And because it will be so much easier to look at lots of houses without them along.
It's been a crazy week with all the frantic cleaning and scurrying to leave when we need to for showings and even today we had an open house, even though we are under contract, just in case something happens. The very best part about selling to me, is that I can stop worrying about my house being perfectly presentable at a moment's notice and have a chance to breathe for a bit.
We had a busy weekend as well, with the Squadron Children's Christmas party Sat. morning, the contract negotiations in the afternoon, the Angel Breakfast at church this morning and the town Christmas parade this afternoon (Brrrrrrr!) See why I haven't blogged in a few days? I'll try to catch up on some pictures I need to post soon. Love to you all!
Sunday, December 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad to see you back on the blog. We have some good memories of Jenna also. Glad your house sold. That will make it easier for you in the coming days. Love, Mom
We're glad your back too!!! Hope to see ya in person soon!
OK, I've been patient :) But I was too wonderfully spoiled during November, so when you get back from your househunting trip I'm REALLY looking forward to some more blogs! Love to all!
Post a Comment