Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a lovely family dinner in Wichita for Thanksgiving. We had 60-something people this year! We've been having Thanksgiving in the Fellowship Hall of my grandma's church for a loooong time. And before that, we rented out the meeting room in the Haysville Library. It's nice to have such a big kitchen, room for all to sit down, and the open invitation to invite whomever you know who may not have a place to go and eat. Over the years, I've brought several friends, several boyfriends and even my friend Tanya's husband and a few of his Air Force buddies one year. That was before they were dating, of course. Anyway, the point is, the more the merrier.

Gigi and her sisters and assorted other relatives outdid themselves with the traditional menu of turkey, ham and all the fixings. I arrived in time to do my traditional cinnamon apples. I even took pictures for this blog post that i knew was coming, but the pics will have to wait. I don't even eat those suckers, but it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without them. It was fun to see everyone and chat. The kids had a blast playing with all their distant cousins. It was just a lovely day.

This morning, my parents and Gigi watched the girls while Cory and I did some shopping. We also had a last minute appointment at the Honda dealership where our power steering reservoir had to be replaced as it wasn't doing it's job. I do not enjoy weird noises coming from my car. I expect a lot more of them now that the warranty expired last month. I shall have to begin deciding which car I want to drive in a year or two when I give up my mini-van. I will miss the convenience but I think I'm more of an SUV girl. I know... the environment doesn't like people like me.

Work progresses on our house while we're gone... just finishing some little tasks to help it show better. And I think we've pretty much decided to go ahead and list it with a realtor. I just don't have the time or the patience to try and do it myself. Please send prayers and good vibes for us to sell it quickly!!

I'll be back in a couple of days! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had fun watching the Grandkids today. They are growing up fast. Thanksgiving was fun too. It was good to see everyone. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a chance to relax for a minute anyway!!! Can't wait for you to come back to Altus, we're lonely!!! See ya soon!!

PS...there's nothing wrong with SUV girls!!! I hear the Enclave is pretty nice and gets pretty good gas mileage!!! ;)!

burgiboogie said...

I have learned so much from you my friend. I will miss you guys, when you are gone:)