Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another 1/3 update and bye-bye babyhood!

So yeah, I did not meet my December goal of getting rid of 1/3 of our belongings, but I do believe I have surpassed the 1/3 mark now, and it's only February. So that's pretty good, right? I've cleared out a lot of stuff that we just had sitting around in boxes, cabinets or closets that we never use. Slowly but surely, I'm working my way through drawers one at a time. It's very nice to have everything in its place. Well, make that everything will have a place. It might not be in that place all the time. I do have children, you know. And speaking of that....

Photobucket

A few weeks ago my friend Julie had a garage sale. It was super cold, but the Altusian garage salers were out in droves. 4 families contributed to the sale, and evreyone did very well. I had less than a box of junk remaining from all the things I hauled over that morning. I sold Brenna's high chair even.... it is becoming more and more real that we are almost out of the baby stage at our house. Seriously, by this time next year... we will have 3 and 4 (almost 5) year olds, and nary a baby or toddler in sight! That thought might depress some people, but I am PUMPED about it. I may be the most non-sentimental mother on the planet. (brace yourselves -- I rarely keep art work more than a week. I KNOW!) It's not that I'm wishing their babyhoods away, it's just that I'm excited to see the people they are becoming. And to get back to having time for ME to be a person too, know what I mean?

I love my girls with everything I have, but it has been a butt-kicking couple of years. And we are emerging from the fog, people! Better, stronger, and ready to pay it forward, in honor of all those (you know who you are) who helped us not only survive, but thrive!

Hugs to you all. And hang in there, if you need that encouragement. His mercies are new every morning.

2 comments:

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Good job on the 1/3+! And I'd like to apply for some of that assistance! Come with me, please!

Anonymous said...

You keep artwork for a whole week? I think I won the title for most un-sentimental mom ever a long time ago so don't even try to take it away from me. You know me, I don't even like photos!! I'm glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I won't burst that bubble with talk of teenage years!! :D
Love to all!
Auntie Mrs. Laura