
It is 78 degrees outside, no kidding, and it's barely March. Tomorrow, I kid you not, weather.com tells me it will be 92! My friend Maggie asked me if I had any good ideas for birthday games for Annabelle's party and I said, "You know, it's supposed to be really warm. We could hook up the sprinklers and let them run wild." Sometimes Sydney puts on her swimsuit and wears it all afternoon for no reason, so she will be either be a.) thrilled when I tell her to put her suit on because we're going to play in the water or b.) horrified, because since it's still chilly in the morning and she has to wear a jacket to preschool. She'll think I've lost it. You never can tell with that girl.
So it actually appears that we may skip Spring all together and thus go straight from winter coats to swimsuits. To tell you the truth, i'd rather not. I love Spring. All that new life, pretty flowers, that smell... you know, with the lilacs and the hint of rain. Ah, yes, and the tornado warnings and mud and the question of which shoes are actually appropriate for your outfit. I'm telling you, the best part of Hawaii was that you could always be assured your feet were properly attired, no matter the occasion, if you just had cute flip flops.
I need a pedicure pretty bad, before flip flop weather though.
Anyway, here are 10 things that Spring makes me want to do....
1. Sneeze. I don't know if it's pollen or some weirdness from them turning over the fields around here, but I can't stop sneezing when I go outside.
2. Anticipate storms. Bad enough for some boom-booming, worms in the puddles, and that lovely, lovely smell, but not bad enough that I have to sit in the shelter in our backyard. Like the true Kansan I am, I feel the urge to run to the front porch when I see the storms coming.
3. Look forward to things. Like trips we have planned... Great Wolf Lodge! Disney World! Kansas City (just me!) Minneapolis (just Cory), somewhere with just C. and I, and possibly skiing next winter. And thinking about next year at this time when we might be finding out where we'll move next.
4. Rejoice! Because we'll have a lot more Daddy time this spring since Cory is now 1 assignment away from completing his MBA. Woooooo Hooooooo!
5. Go to Sonic. Sonic ice is addictive. I don't know why or how, but it certainly is. I like mine with a little Diet Dr. Pepper.
6. Exercise. 1 have lost almost 19 lbs. in the past 2 months, but have yet to get on the regular exercise bandwagon. I can feel the interest building though... the jogging stroller is calling. I might want a bicycle and trailer for my birthday. But I will have to do something about #1 first, and bribe myself with #5.
7. Buy flip flops. Lots of cute flip flops. And capris and cute shorts. And t-shirts. But mostly flip flops.
8. Get a puppy. But I'm holding out. I really think I should wait until after no one in my house is wearing diapers anymore. And probably until after we move the next time. And maybe I should forget the puppy idea and just rescue a nice old dog who will let the kids climb on him and chase him and love him..... still thinking about this one.
9. Put dresses on the girls. I'm not a girly girl, but I really like putting dresses and skirts on Syd and Brenna.
10. Roll down the windows, turn up the K-Love and sing!
What does Spring make YOU want to do?

5 comments:
If only you lived closer we could hit Sonic on our way to get pedis! :)
Way to go on the 19 pounds!
I went swimming in Nov. this year, that was great, but the toes were not. I love that it stays warm here for a while! My husband can barely wait to start his garden! Have fun in the sprinklers!
Good for you on the 19 pounds. Got any helpful hints for your Dad and me. Good post. Love, Mom
First of all ~ awesome photo! Did you take that? I love it.
About the puppy. If you are ready to really commit to training the puppy, then get one. I, however, recommend getting a three-year-old rescue pup who has been potty trained and is a bit more mature. Puppies are a pain in the a$$.
Jen, I did not take that photo. Got it from photo bucket, but I do agree it's lovely. And I am leaning more towards NOT getting a puppy. I've got enough pains in my ass already, kwim?
Post a Comment