Sydney is the weirdest kid ever. (if you're reading this someday, honey, I'm sorry. But it's true.) I never know what she's going to say or do.
She now wears her panties to bed no problem, but the whole ordeal set off a terrible sleeping spell. And now I'm having to go all Sleep Lady on her (again), so I decided I needed a clock in her room for my benefit. She's very into routine and having everything the same. I thought I could get her to go with the clock idea by purchasing one that has a very soft glow, switching colors very slowly. She was into it before bed. But about 3 minutes after I tucked her in, she storms out of her room, throwing open the door, puts her hand on her hip and announces "NUMBER 17... Sydneys don't have clocks!" and then glared at me until I went in and took it out. 5 minutes after that, she threw her door open again and said, "Number 3... Sydneys have red clocks." I put it back, set it to the red light and never heard anything else, until I found the clock unplugged and in the living room this morning. Just for the record, I don't just do everything she says, but I was so flabbergasted by the whole announcement, I just did as I was told while trying not to LMAO.
Apparently she has some sort of numbered list of Sydney rules. Wish I could get my hands on it. It would save me loads of energy, I'm sure. A very interesting read indeed.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
HA! The problem is..."Number 1. Sydneys (and Brookes, and Brennas, etc, etc) don't come with printable instructions and only share the ones they want you to know, when they want you to know them!" You should have heard the screaming fit we had here last night. And ours comes from a certain change of life I believe Brooke is about to start! Oh the joys you still have to look forward to! I love you!! Kisses for all. Auntie Mrs. Laura
That is really, really funny. Maybe if you keep writing them down as she says them, it will help you in the future.
:-p
What a funny girl! I can't wait to hear more rules she comes up with!
Hysterical!!! Wish my kids had a list they would share too!! You're right life would be so much easier!!
Oh how our pasts come back to us. Remember the lists we used to make? Ours were slightly different...but she must've heard about them somehow! Hang in there with the sleep issues!
I agree with Auntie Mrs. Laura. Oh the joys you still have to look forward to! At least your life is never boring. Sure glad we get to share via blogsite. By the way have a great birthday. I love you, Mom
Ben says he knows all of Sydney's rules but he won't tell me any of them. Sorry, thought I could help a little. He's keeping her secrets, even when bribed with banilla ice cream.
:)
And nice abreviations blog fancy pants!
Post a Comment