Are you all sick of hearing about Sydney and her sleep issues? Because I'm torn between boring you and leaving you hanging about progress when I've been talking about this for ages. I'll just say, there is some. For now. And it seemed to be triggered by our offer to leave her door open. It worked wonders for exactly 3 days. Then last night, we had a very interesting conversation before bed.
S: "Mommy, you don't want to close the door."
Me: "No, I'll leave it open. As long as you stay in your bed and do a good job going to sleep."
S: "Mommy, you don't want to open the door."
Me: "Dude, you can't have it both ways. Either you want the door open or closed."
S: "I don't want it closed..."
Me: "Okay, then I'll..."
S: " And I don't want it open."
Me: "Open or closed, Syd. Those are the choices. Open or closed."
S: "I don't want it closed."
... and I'll bet you can guess what she said next. I was very confused. FInally I told her.... "Choose! Open or closed? You choose or mommy will choose because I'm getting very upset."
"Welllllllll.... number 17 mommy. Sydneys don't have the doors closed. And they don't have the doors open."
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Finally, we settled on open. I left. After 2 sessions of "Kiss, Hug, Handshake" and then she came out of her room about 2 minutes later and tried to start the same. frustrating. conversation. all. over. again!!! I put her in bed and then she asked for the door to be shut. So I did that. And threatened her if she came back out. Which of course she did, whereupon she announced, "Can you please open my door and tuck me in?" And then I never heard another peep out of her.
"That," said Cory, "Is exactly what she does to me if you're not home and I put her to bed."
Well no wonder he has that look on his face when I get home from evening outings. So yeah... sleep is still a work in progress.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hehehe, you duded her :)
we had also been doing quite well and then last night b woke up yelling, of course for no known cause... fun
Post a Comment