Birthdays are different as a mom. Can I hear an amen? However, they are good for reminding you -- erm, slapping you upside the head with a reminder of -- how it is not EVER about you anymore. So last night, I awake to the sound of rushing wind, which was really just the noise machine in Syd's room which is significantly louder after she opens her door. I got out of bed and stumbled into the hallway. Sydney was walking through the door of the bathroom already. She looked back over her shoulder and said, "Mommy, could you lay down in there?" then she pointed to her room, "I have to go potty."
The rolling of my eyes was lost on her. She's so bossy. I don't have a clue where she gets it from. But anyway, she went potty, I spent a little bit of time in her room then told her I was going out and she was fine with that. So maybe she's coming around. But you didn't hear that from me.
I guess my little guilt trip last night before I tucked her in about how it was mommy's birthday tomorrow and how she should try really hard to sleep in her bed all night without mommy's help didn't really work. Or maybe it did. And this her way of saying, "I don't really NEED you tonight mommy, but I thought I'd like to see you anyway. And make you feel useful. Even on your birthday."
Thanks, Syd. Your thank you note is in the mail.
Friday, April 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Happy birthday, you youngster!
Have a wonderful, amazing, fabulous time with your girlfriends.
Happy Birthday dear friend! In a few years, these birthdays can be about us again, and we can have leisurely lunches while the kids are at school! Love you!
I've got to try the whole guilt trip thing :) Happy birthday, at least we know our girlfriends will remember even when our families don't!
That is so cute!!!!
And Happy Birthday!!!!
Post a Comment