Saturday, May 16, 2009

I need a sign

LIke one that says, "Get the dog!" or "Don't get the dog!" Nothing that requires too much thinking. :-)

We've been thinking about adding a dog to the family for quite some time. I grew up with dogs and can't imagine a proper childhood without one, frankly. I especially think that Sydney would benefit from the bonding experience with a being who always sees the best in you, no matter what you say or do or how appropriate you are in any given situation.

It's all a matter of timing. We'd pretty much decided to wait until after we move next time. But along comes this opportunity, in the form of a beautiful 2 year old yellow lab who needs a new home. He's so sweet. But are we ready? Is it the right time?

Is it ever? Cause sometimes I wonder if I ever would have been ready or if it would have been the "right time" to try for a 2nd baby if Brenna hadn't appeared on the scene and surprised us when she did. And what would life have been like without our sweet, sweet Brenna?

Realistically, there's the hair, the matter of boarding when we travel, moving (possibly across the country or the ocean, even) with a dog. And would God send us a dog right in the middle of our remodeling project? Really? He probably would, I'm thinking. He does like to mix it up every now and again and see how I survive.

I'll keep you posted.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Tanya said...

Such a pretty puppy. Can't wait to hear what you decide!

Motherhood Mayhem said...

My vote is "Do It!" :)

Anonymous said...

Get the dog!! Love, Mom

Jennifer said...

I'd say your sign was when this dog, who is a bit timid around adult men, walked over to your sweet husband and placed his paw on C's knee.
Congratulations on your newest family member!

Jill said...

Yeah, or when I took Syd to the commissary Saturday afternoon and she freaked out when she saw the dog bones (we were picking up cat litter) and insisted on toting a massive rawhide around the rest of the store. There were many chuckles from passersby.

"MOMMY! We neeeeeeeed to get this for Boomer and we need to go over to that house and get her and feed her." (we're going to have to work on the Boomer is a boy thing.)

We're getting the dog, btw. More info. to follow.

Anonymous said...

Oh she's so cute!!! And she reacted well to Cory? That might be a sign. Dno't worry about boarding her, we can always take her if you need and you can deal with moving bit when it comes around to that time. Worry aobout what you can control now!!! HOpe you find the answer you are looking for!!!

Anonymous said...

OH I just read your entry, congrats. I think it's a great decision. Can't wait to meet HIM!!

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

I am blown away by Benjamin's relationship with Cooper and Chloe Jean! I agree, with the "proper childhood" comment. And yes, it's work, but I'm so glad we have ours. And don't worry about your move, whenever it comes. Your pooch can stay with us once you get over here, and there are lots of dog friendly homes :)