Thursday, May 21, 2009

What's New

Here's an update...

Bathroom Renovation... splendid! We no longer have those huge vanities and it is SO much more spacious in both baths. Danny amended the plumbing for the pedestal sinks and installed the one in the master bath, so we have a working bathroom sink. Then he re-installed the sheetrock in both bathrooms around the sink area. The new bathtub is in the girls' bath already. Next up is the plumbing for it, then the sheetrock around that tub. The tile should be available for pick up next week, I learned today! Yay!!! We are still within our budget. And I am so happy with everything so far.

The dog.... we did decide to adopt Boomer. We'll pick him up probably Saturday. Let's hope that transition goes smoothly. We are all excited to see how he fits into our family. If anyone has dog training book recommendations, please let me know. Boomer can sit and lay down on command and walks on a leash already, but we know we'll need to work with him.

The kids ... Syd's last day of her first year of preschool was yesterday. They had a Llama, Llama, Red Pajama party and she got a little diploma. It was a great first year for my big girl. I am so grateful to Mrs. Wood and Mrs. Wanda for taking Sydney under their wings and helping her to use her own. Brenna had her last day of MDO this week too. She just loves her teachers and all her classmates. She will be back there next year too, as she won't be old enough to start preschool yet. This is a fact that really irks her. "I big, momma. I go to school too!"

The Summer... we are gearing up for a nice (hopefully relaxing!) summer around here. Grandma and Grandpa P. and maybe Uncle Jeff will come to visit us in June. We'll have Vacation Bible School shortly afterward. Hopefully by the end of June, the bathrooms will be done. The girls will go to Mom's Day Out at our church on Mondays. We'll put Syd in swimming lessons. I am looking into Gymnastics for both girls. On Fridays Syd will go to an Art class at her preschool that will last just an hour each time, during June and July. We will have lots of playdates, lots of swimming outings, and lots of fun at home with Boomer and Jenna. Hopefully Mom and Dad will be able to get away for a long weekend together if things come together. The base's big inspection is in September, so as the summer progresses, things will get more and more intense for Cory at work.

The Move... we are currently "On the VML" which is the Vulnerable to Move List. If we get an assignment this cycle, the powers that be will ask for a very late report date for us, since Cory is fairly busy at this point with the UTI (I mean the UCI, but I like to call it that because it's kind of irritating, and all-consuming like UTI's. Cory asked me not to call it that in front of him anymore, so he doesn't slip up during an important meeting and use the wrong acronym. Hee Hee.) It would be better for us to wait until the next cycle, so people here that know him would be able to write his paperwork for his in the zone Lt. Col. promotion board. But, as always, we know that we are in the Lord's hands. And wherever and whenever he wants to send us somewhere new, we'll be ready.

Let's just hope we get to enjoy our new bathrooms for awhile before we have to put the house on the market.

Love to all of you!
J, C, S & B

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Sounds like you are guys are keeping busy! Congrats on the newest member of your family...I hope it all goes smoothly!

Also, I wanted to tell you Way to Go on your weight loss! That is amazing! I hope I can do what you did! I just wish I didn't love Coke so much, and I think it would all be easier.

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

I promise if you come to Germany I will train Boomer for you!