Monday, July 27, 2009

On the Road Again

So the girls and I are taking a little road trip up to Kansas City to see Lisa and John and all their many kidlets. With a stop off in Wichita at the ever popular Auntie Tanya's for some weary traveler respite. Every time I make plans such as these, I start packing and the kids freak out and I think "Are you sure this is a good idea? Taking them away from their own house and their own things and the Top-10 things to do in *insert town name here*? (See above post.) Wouldn't it be easier to just stay put and know that the calvary will arrive faithfully at 6 p.m. each night and bedtime will come around 2 hours later and... well, you know. Routine feels nice and comfortable. To everyone. Including me.

But it's always worth the craziness to be able to see friends who you hardly ever see, even if you do think of them all the time and wish you were there. Plus, what fun would life be if I didn't drive hundreds and hundreds of miles every once in awhile with people kicking my seat and repeating the same phrase over and over until my mind turns to mush? Not much.

See you soon, everyone!

2 comments:

Motherhood Mayhem said...

We can't wait!!!!

Anonymous said...

And we get to see you on your way back from K.C. Have fun. Mom