Brenna, Syd, Kate and Bella


Bella

Kate

Isabella took this shot

When Lisa and I were freshmen in college, we were roommates. We were also friends in high school and lived together after college with Tanya, too. What I'm saying is... we have history. Anyhoo, when we were college roommates at Manhattan Christian College, we had a Resident Assistant and friend named Traci. Traci lives in KC too and came to visit and see us while we were in town.
Here's Lisa (in the background. It seems I didn't get too many pics of her, unfortunately. She is about the cutest pregnant woman I've ever seen. She's about 5 months pregnant and you can hardly tell.

Here's Traci and Julia, her daughter.

While Traci and Julia were visiting, we went out on the boat for some fishing. Fishing with a 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 year olds was pretty amusing, I have to say.

Julia helped Brenna



Finally, success! The 18 month old finally reeled in a fish! :-)

Go Mark!



Mark is very into fishing, and apparently he's pretty good at it. But I think it wore him out, because he sat like this on my lap for quite a while after we were done fishing and heading off for some swim time.

We had actually planned on just fishing, so most of us didn't have swimsuits on. Fortunately, John and Traci volunteered to get in with the kiddos, most of whom were swimming in just their underwear. They didn't seem to mind...
Syd and Bella

Traci and Brenna



On the way back, there were still some worms to keep the troops entertained.


Notice Syd cuddled up by John, hassling the worms

Then we went back to John and Lisa's and had a fabulous summer meal... grilled chicken, fresh corn on the cob and assorted other goodies. Yum!

Dessert after the kids went to bed, was this bowl of heaven... fresh peaches and vanilla ice cream. Yum!

We had such a fun time visiting, guys! Thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality!



No comments:
Post a Comment