Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Brenna's Yoga Class

It's tough to be 2 and not old enough to do the things your (barely) older sister can do. Stupid age restrictions! ;-) Brenna was pretty irritated with me when Syd started preschool 5 mornings a week. Then when Syd got to put on a leotard and dance shoes and a TUTU for heaven's sake, that was about the last straw. Luckily, Brenna's time has come. My friend Alison is starting new yoga classes for kids with a program called "Little Twisters." It's about the cutest thing ever. Yesterday was the first day and of course, I had to take pictures.

A little warm up, with a song that says, "I am HAPPY. I am GOOD!"
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Rolling back was easy, but getting back to sitting position proved a little harder
Photobucket

So precious
Photobucket

They pretended to be a cat meowing (pictured), a cow mooing, a donkey kicking, etc. It's pretty ingenious how a little story woven in can get a child to easily do the yoga moves.
Photobucket

There was a relaxing story time too. And songs. It was like kindermusik for relaxation and exercise... or something like that. Here is a happy Brenna at the end of class with Ms. Alison. She can't wait for next week. Later that day she told somebody at Sonic, "HEY! I go to Yoga class."
Photobucket

With her yoga bag, which I'm pretty sure I could carry her in...
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessie said...

That is SO cute! I wish they did around here! I bet she loves having something to do, just like her big sister!