The Unit Compliance Inspection that has consumed Cory's time for the last several months is nearing its end. We haven't seen much of him this week and the girls are feeling it. Brenna had a mini-breakdown yesterday and cried for Daddy. Thankfully he was available to talk on the phone for a few minutes and that soothed her. Apparently she just needed him to know she had a new puzzle and that "I don't feel so good." She's a bit better today and I am crossing my fingers it's just some random virus she picked up somewhere and not the Altus Crud or any of several flus that are making their way around right now. She just has a fever and a runny nose.
We are planning a family vacation next month... in Dallas (Great Wolf Lodge), San Antonio (Seaworld and Friends) and Austin (Family). It will be really nice to just be able to have fun together and relax. We put off the Disney trip for a while, and instead think we might go skiing sometime after Brenna turns 3 in February. You can't go to ski school until you're 3, ya know. Who knows... the plans are always changing.
Sydney is still working on listening and obeying (aren't we all?) at school and yesterday she told Boomer, "Good boy, Boomer. You were obedient, so I will get you a dog biscuit." Apparently she believes in the motivation principle we recently discussed. (See post below.)
And finally -- this is maybe my most random post ever -- we have been obsessed with Chris Tomlin's song Uncreated One lately. I just love it. I practically have it on repeat in my van and now the girls are starting to sing it too. Here it is for your listening pleasure... may the words bless you today.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Mom and Dad are currently in Florida at Disney. Our trip is planned for fall of 2011. Can't wait!
Thanks for the update. Hope everyone is better. I sure enjoy hearing what is going on at your house. It makes me feel closer to you. Love, Mom
Post a Comment