A few random thoughts...
Whoever said there was nothing to do in our small town must have been crazy. I've never been so busy. I've really felt like a mom lately, what with all this hauling kids around to dance class, swimming lessons, yoga, MDO... the kicker is that preschool 5 days a week is really good for Syd, but makes for a full week! I never realized how much I got done on those Tuesday and Thursday mornings last year when we didn't have anything going on and were at home. Oh well, the laundry can wait, right?
When we were sitting at the rodeo I posted about below, I turned to Cory and said, "Man, we've come a long way, haven't we?" There was a time (like last year) when heading out to an event that started at 7 p.m. did not seem doable. Our kids still go to bed most nights between 7:30 and 8 but when they get a good nap in the afternoon, we can stretch it without too many meltdowns for a special occasion. It was lovely being out and about with them, enjoying the company of our friends and a community event.
I am so grateful for friends who become like family. It is nice to have that kind of support in your life. God planned for us to live in community with each other and showed us how to love each other. I am blessed by that thought and reality, every day. We are not perfect. We hurt each other's feelings. We lash out without thinking. We make mistakes. But we forgive. And we learn from our failures and we move on.
See my new quote on the right sidebar? "The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult and left untried." G.K. Chesterton . I love that truth. I am grateful for the chance to experience what Fellowship means when faith is lived out. When we take care of each other. Attend to each other's needs. When we apologize. When we give even when we don't have much to give. When we listen. When we show up. When we say "yes" even though it means a lot of extra work.
Faith is fulfilling. It's not futile. I pray that all of you know that truth in a real way.
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just say AGREE to all the above! Maybe one of these days we will both slow down a bit and have a bit of community together. :) By the way...Could your girls be any cuter?
Post a Comment