Wednesday, April 07, 2010

30 day Shred helpers

So I got a wild hair and decided to do the 30-Day Shred by Jillian Michaels workout DVD starting this week. Jillian is one of the trainers on The Biggest Loser, which I don't watch but hear is good. I kept hearing about this workout, and figured I can do anything for a month so.... yes. I am in serious pain, having only completed 3 days of 25 minute workouts. Isn't that sad? Sadder still is that I"m only on the level 1 workout, so don't even want to think about what levels 2 and 3 are going to do to me. The stairs are NOT my friend right now.

Yesterday, Syd decided she would do the whole workout with me and she did. I was a little irked with her, as she didn't even look winded or break a sweat and kept exclaiming about how well she was doing and how much fun it was. Right.

Today, Syd and Brenna both started out the video with me. Today Syd only did the parts she felt like doing and the rest she perched on the arm of a couch and repeated whatever Jillian was yelling at me, "Moooo-ooom! She SAID eyes on the ceiling."

Here she is stretching and scrutinizing my form:
Photobucket

At the beginning of the workout, she stripped off her pajama top and said, "THIS is how those girls exercise!" Okay, they had on workout bras, but ...

Photobucket

I really need to go to Target and get some hand weights. I know I have some somewhere, but I can't find them to save my life currently. Until then, I am using a rather large bottle of ketchup in one hand and a gatorade in the other for my hand weights and the girls are using mandarin orange and soup cans.
Photobucket

I was giggling so much yesterday at all these shenanigans that I thought today I had better catch a little of the madness on camera. Don't worry. I was fully involved in the workout. I didn't miss anything. My calves are killing me. I will keep you posted on how these workouts are progressing... if I can make it to the computer.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Good for you! My girls love to exercise along with me, makes me giggle watching them.

If you haven't gotten weights yet, I recommend 3 lbs. I use 5 lb ones (Because that's what I had) and my arms are SOREEE.