Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Veiner

Syd has always had her own vocabulary. She knows exactly what she's saying, mind you. So if there are a few words you're not catching, that's your problem. At just shy of 5 years old, the one weird vocabulary word still in constant rotation is veiner. VAY-NUHR. We have not been able to pin down the part of speech veiner qualifies as. It is a mystery.

"That is a veiner baby." - meeting a cutie patootie new friend at lunch last Sunday. His mom looked at me with questioning eyes. "I think it's a compliment," was all I could offer.

"Brenna! Don't be a veiner crying girl." Said with disgust. Not a compliment.

"That's so veiner!" Said with delight.

"Moooooo-ooooomm! I was JUST veiner trying to tell you." Said like a curse word. It's like having a teenager sometimes.

Veiner. I think it's such a great word, because there just aren't many cool words that begin with V. And because it never means the same thing twice. It's not boring.

Cory and I can't stop the snickering. We're starting to use it ourselves. Have a very veiner day, ya'll.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is HILLARIOUS!!!! I'm LMAO!!!