Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Spring Break day one

It seemed a no-brainer to potty train Brenna over Syd's Spring Break when we have no obligations and can be home as much as we need to be. So yesterday after she woke up, I talked up the whole "big girl" gig and got Syd on my side (I believe in bribery. I really, really do. I told them we could all go to Great Wolf Lodge - their favorite place on the planet -- when Brenna learns to use the bathroom.) I had a whole list of things I wanted to get done around the house yesterday while taking Brenna to the potty every 20-30 minutes. As it turned out, I got nothing done. Because between taking Brenna to the potty every 20-30 minutes, she also had 4 accidents, all before noon. It was very daunting. Bodily fluid clean up is not my favorite.

The afternoon was somewhat better, but still involved accidents. She and I were both relieved to put a pull up on her after bath last night. Everyone slept the sleep of the exhausted. We woke up to a thunderstorm this morning and another chance at life as a big girl. So we are going for it. Please pray! :-)

We have haircuts today at 1. That was probably not smart scheduling, but they do need haircuts, so we're doing it. And it will be nice to get out of the house for a bit, and visit all the mall's public restrooms. JOY!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Ugghh! Bodily fluids are the worst! Hang in there! She's just to smart for her own good and will get it when she wants to do!