Monday, December 22, 2008

1/3 update

This whole getting rid of 1/3 of our belongings is really easier said than done. It's not that I don't have the desire, or the ability to get this done, it's just a time thing. Sorting takes time. So I don't think I'm down a third by Christmas, like I had planned. But I will continue toward that goal.

The playroom is definitely down by more than a third. We'll see what it looks like after Christmas.
Photobucket

If you are (or are thinking about) doing the 1/3 thing, which room did you/will you start with?

4 comments:

Julie said...

I started on my husband's side of the closet. :) No, I seriously started with the cabinets in the living room and I am moving clockwise throughout the house. It is sometimes hard to get rid of things because I always wonder if we might move somewhere I just might need it???

Jessie said...

I SO need to do this! I'm glad it's working for you.

Merry Christmas! I can't believe how grown up Brenna is looking!

Megan said...

That's a great idea! I could definitely start with my kitchen, I have tons of things that I just do not use.

Anonymous said...

Hah....I was thinking about this and this might be a very hard, but rewarding challenge for me. I, like Julie, always feel someday I will have a purpose for all the junk I have. I will have to put some serious thought into this challenge!! Thanks.