Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lots of pictures of the backs of the girls' heads

While we were in Wichita last week for a funeral, we took a morning and went to the Sedgwick County Zoo. It was just the girls and I, and I couldn't help feeling very good about the fact that I was doing it by myself. There was a time, when this kind of thing seemed so far in my future, I couldn't see it. Anyway, they did fine. We rented a stroller and took our time seeing all kinds of fun creatures....

Flamingos
Photobucket
Chasing Penguins
Photobucket
Photobucket
I guess I don't need to label all these animals... most of you probably can tell which ones they are. Ha!
Photobucket
Fun Fact: these elephants are named Stephanie and Simba
Photobucket
Everytime I've been to the zoo, this lion has been snoozin'
Photobucket
Photobucket
Apes
Photobucket
This guy is HUGE
Photobucket
Not to be confused with the Bairs...
Photobucket
This is a prairie dog.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

And this is what happens after a few hours of running around at the zoo...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proud of you for taking the girls to the zoo on your own. I would love to have gone with you. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. Love you all, Mom

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

so fun! way to go brave soul! i think i have a few years still.

burgiboogie said...

Man, I miss Wichita. I was a little lost about which animal was which, so I appreciated the captions lol.