We had a very low-key 4th, as the girls are still feeling kinda yucky and we are both tired from the last 2 crazy weeks. We bought a few fireworks down the road, went to the reservoir to feed the geese/ducks, went out for a yummy Mexican lunch and home for naps. Then later in the day, we did our fireworks, had dinner, baths and an early bedtime. In fact, it is now 7:21 p.m. and everyone but me is already in bed. This sickness stuff has kicked our butts. If I was smart, I'd go to bed too. Unfortunately, I relish the quiet time with no one hanging on me, so I'm staying up for awhile (like until 9:30! Ha!)
Here are the firework festivities at our house this afternoon...
We start out with the snappers or poppers... whatever they are called. The ones you thrown on the ground and they make a pop.
Syd enjoyed them. Brenna just watched.



Then we moved on to the smoke bombs. Always popular with the learning-their-colors set.





And then we tried a little chicken that laid different colored eggs. What we didn't know was that it also made a very loud whistling sound which someone did not care for.


It was too windy for the last little Pagoda spinning house thing we had, so we went in for dinner. So exciting, eh? Hope your 4th festivities were enjoyable too!

1 comment:
Glsd to see new pics. We had a low key 4th also. Sydney and Brenna are getting so big and cuter than ever. Brenna, I agree about the noise. We love you all. Mom/Grandma S.
Post a Comment