Thursday, July 31, 2008

School Supplies

Holy cow, what is it with school supply season? Our church is outfitting 250 kids with their whole list of school supplies for the coming year, so I was in Wal-Mart the other day picking up my contribution when I was overwhelmed by the feeling of NEEDING to purchase some for myself. There is just something about a brand new notebook, a pack of pens, a TRAPPER KEEPER! Remember those? Oh my goodness. And then there's the backpack/lunchbox aisle. *sigh* How depressing that I just paid a supply fee for Syd's preschool and they buy supplies for all the kids. It totally makes sense, but I feel slightly robbed of the opportunity to fill my basket with brand new crayons and safety scissors and watercolor paints.

I did get to pick out her backpack and it is SO cute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Why don't you come here and take my three school supply shopping. Because after 12 YEARS the thrill has worn off to be replaced by pickiness (not THAT one, I can't be seen with THAT) and bickering. Of course the smell of a brand new box of crayons does go a long way in making me feel better. Unfortuntely my kids are too old for crayons. **Sigh** So I am the weird lady sniffing crayons in the school supply aisle while my kids complain about selection! Cute backpack! Love ya! Auntie Mrs. Laura

Sarah said...

Your lucky!! The school provides Kelly's "bookbag"....I don't even get to shop for that! lol

Anonymous said...

the fun of school supplies...i was enjoying picking up kyle's until i got to the writing tablets he had to have...it was over $3 for a stupid pad of a paper...i was tempted to draw on plain paper and make my own "writing tablet" lol-Nic