Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bargain Saturday

Yesterday I hosted a purse party. A friend of friends in town here makes these awesome purses and wallets and ID holders, diaper bags, bibs, etc. out of very cool fabrics. I'd been seeing the purses around town and hearing Angie's name since I got here, so when I finally ran into her in the flesh at a Silpada party, I asked her if she ever did purse parties. Occasionally, she said. So I had one yesterday and there were over 20 orders placed! Wow! We had a houseful of ladies eager to do some purse shopping!

Here's part of what I got... The bottom of this purse is made out of a placemat. Cool, huh?
Photobucket

Inside are lots of pockets... a necessity in a good purse.
Photobucket

And I got a wallet, several ID holders to slip a Starbucks giftcard into for Syd's MDO teachers when the session is over, and a couple of great headbands. I shall be styling this summer...

Photobucket

I also special ordered an "Abby Moon" purse to be made with several different green fabrics.

You can check out all of Angie's cool things on www.craftylaine.com .

Secondly, down the street they were having a huge garage sale, which was only new with tag Gymboree children's clothing. I tend to like a lot of Gymboree stuff, but would NEVER pay full price for any of it. This lady has an Ebay store, but was trying to trim her inventory. I helped her out a little. Good deals, no shipping! Some of this is hard to see. Love the sailor look and lots of blue on my redheads.
Photobucket

and that was my very materialistic Saturday. :-)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh man! I am jealous of that garage sale! You got great things!!!

Jessie said...

Wow, what a loot! I LOVE your new bag!