Christmas eve day we had just the grandparents and Jeff. There was much baking going on...




That night, I helped to coordinate our children's Christmas Eve service at our church. For all of you Wichita Folk, it was the same program they've done at Eastminster for years. Just no dogs or other animals yet. We kept it simple to start.
We did the rehearsal that afternoon and the kids did great. Our good friends Marc and Jaimee and baby Liam were the Joseph, Mary and Jesus. Big brother Ben was a shepherd/donkey who brought the couple to the stable.


Becca as the angel of the Lord

Marc, Jaimee & Liam

Poor Syd fell asleep in the car on the way to the service (it started at 4:30) and slept through the whole thing. We were having dinner afterward, so it is probably a good thing but still sad that she missed it. Here she is with Grandma after it was over.

Take a good look at her clothing, because I have no other pics of her in her Christmas clothes. Or Brenna. By the time I had helped clean up and gone home, the girls were back in their play clothes and ready to eat.
Brenna loved the Christmas story acted out. She stood on Cory's lap ( I could see her from the back of the church where I was sending in shepherds, angels and wisemen intermittently) and yelled, "There's BABY JESUS!" It was very Best Christmas Pageant Ever. Did they even show that old movie this year? I LOVE that show.
Anyhoo... we had a yummy dinner -- Jack Argetsinger's chili & a very good baked potato soup, and then Santa played a visit. You would think he'd be pretty busy on Christmas Eve, but hey... we must rate somehow.

He rang the doorbell. The kids were very excited. The both gave him a hug, then Brenna looked at him and said, "Where's the candy canes?" She might not even be 2 yet, but even Brenna knows when you see Santa, he's usually handing out candy canes. That girl is not afraid to ask for what she wants. She then told all of the church nursery workers who asked her what Santa brought her, that he brought her candy canes.
After Santa left, we sent everyone off to their respective hotels for the night. To be continued....

1 comment:
Great pageant photos! You did a great job with that, everyone loved the service. How cute was Brenna! And I love the candy cane comments! Those cookies look delish!
Post a Comment