Friday, January 23, 2009

Puking and Ponies

I have not blogged in awhile because I took the girls to Wichita for the long weekend. We didn't come back until Tuesday and on Wednesday, people started puking. Only the little people, thankfully, but I didn't feel all that great on Thursday myself. Anyhoo, we're on the upswing (knock-on-wood) and I thought I'd jump on and say hello.

Things I want to mention:
1. I love my Britax carseats. When above-mentioned puking occurred, of COURSE it was in the car on our way to see some friends and of COURSE it got all over the carseat. The straps, the cover, the seat protector underneath it. It was the kind of scene when you start fluttering your hands and repeating it'sokayit'sokayit'sokay (mostly for your own benefit.) and your carefree childless days when all you had to worry about was getting to work on time float before you in a mocking sort of flashback. Then you take a deep breath and do things you never imagine you could do. Easing disgusting clothes off of a crazy-eyed preschooler, trying not to breathe, more of that it'sokayit'sokay chant. Quick bath, fuzzy blanket, deposit on couch with mixing bowl and explicit instructions. And then back to the nastiness for more cleanup. By the end of it all, you need a shower yourself and a call to your husband to stop for more laundry soap on the way home. But I digress... back to the carseat. The covers of our Marathons wash amazingly well, but it's not only that that I love. The buckle and straps are also removeable. I was able to soak and wash everything, spray it ilberally with lysol and call it sanitized. I'll be honest and say that I haven't yet put it all back together, but even that part is not bad. I'm telling you, these seats are worth the price tag.

2. This is totally random, but I want to know who exactly these people are who have time to comment on all of their purchases on Amazon. I mean, I read them all the time when I'm trying to decide between things, but I've never commented. I guess if you feel strongly about your night-vision goggles and MUST tell someone, it gives you an outlet. Right? I have been perplexed about this issue for some time, but it came to a head today when I was on Amazon buying some used My Little Pony DVDs for Syd. Our A Very Pony Place dvd from Netflix is going to have to go back eventually. Plus we have all the songs memorized. So I am trying to figure out which dvds to pick, and scroll down to the comments where I find this:

From "Crimson Fox" -- "I have been a My Little Pony fan since they first came out in the 80's. And I have been collecting the newest generation of ponies and MLP-themed merchandise to add to my old collection.
I have all the cartoons and movies so far from G3, and the first few were quite corny IMHO, but they got progressively better.
The Princess Promenade has a good story line that kept even me (a 26-year-old woman lol) interested to see what happens next. The animation quality was well-done (except for expected little mistakes here and there) the songs were not annoying like most other cartoon singing, and the characters were very likeable.
The only thing still lacking in the G3 movies is some kind of enemy. My favorite episodes from the 80's were the pilot and special which had very well-done bad guys while still not being 'violent'. I think adding a few darker characters would add alot of contrast and interest to the storylines.
One thing that disappointed me in Princess Promenade was 'Spike the Dragon'. I remember Spike in the 80's as a cute, scruffy-voiced baby dragon with such a great character to him. I do not like the way he was drawn in this film, or his 'proper' personality. I miss the good ol' 80s Spike. So that was why I gave it 4 instead of 5- Spike was a favorite character of mine in the old cartoons, and it was upsetting to see how they changed him. But it was still a great film, and those who are new to MLP wont notice or care about the change.
The previous G3 film 'A Very Minty Christmas' is also very cute, so check that out as well.
I look forward to the next film when we finally have unicorns- especially since that probably means there'll be unicorn MLP toys released as well!"

Oh. My. .... Seriously? I mean, I can see telling your story about how your stroller fell apart in the airport so that other consumers won't make the same bad choice you did, but this just too much. Am I wrong?

I guess that's enough randomness for one day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to give my honest opinion about the movie! People need to know these things! You can't just change the dragon like that.

Crimson fox

Julie said...

That is so crazy! When we got home from Wichita Madeline and Nick started the pucking! That Wichita must have been one germy town! Glad everyone is feeling better. NO MORE GERMS!!!!!!!