Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Not how I pictured it.

Warning: This will not be as funny to anyone as it is to Cory and I, but I wanted to record it for history's sake.

Every night at dinner, as soon as Syd finishes eating -- which is about 3.5 minutes after she starts eating -- she likes to climb up and drape herself over Cory's shouders. She loves to climb. They always wrestle either before or after dinner, so I think this is just Syd's idea of a warm up. We try to discourage it until Cory has actually had a chance to eat.

So the other day, Cory is finishing his last few bites and Syd climbs up onto his shoulders. Cory says, "You know, this is just not how I pictured our family eating dinner some day."

"Really?" I said, "What's different?"

"Well mainly, I just thought everyone would sit in their own chairs."

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think that is very, very funny!

The Ellery Family said...

lol That's great! Tell him to enjoy it while he can, give it 10 years she won't want to be that cozy =)