Our friends the Summers are moving to Germany in a few months. We will be so sad to see them go. Today Syd, Brenna, Ben and I were driving through McDonalds and then heading to meet Jaimee for a little picnic and the following conversation occurred...
Sydney: "Look at all the flags!"
Ben: "Why are there so many flags?"
Me: "Well, that one is for Oklahoma, that one is for Altus, that's for the United States and... "
Ben: "And the other 2 are for Germany. You need to come to Germany because I want to see you there."
Me: "I would LOVE to come and see you in Germany, Ben. That would be so fun!"
Ben: "You can drive in your car. You go North, then South....(pause)... then East and you'll be there."
Me: "Well, I think to get to Germany, we would need to take a boat or an airplane because Germany is across a very big ocean."
Ben: "You should go on the boat! Take the boat to Germany with us because I want you to go there too."
Me: "Usually people take the plane, because it's a pretty long trip."
Ben: "No, we should take the boat. A fast boat! It goes wrrrrrrrrrr... really fast. And then we can get to Germany."
To tell you the truth, I really felt like I might cry, just thinking about this sweet conversation. I'm glad to know he's going to miss us too! :( But I know that Friends are Friends Forever (thank you, MWS) and what with Ben dreaming about his pal Brenna and all, maybe this arranged marriage thing will work out after all.
Friday, January 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a neat post. Maybe the arranged marriage is a good idea.
Good that we have a lot of time to see if it is. Mom Story
This is the hardest part about being in the Airforce! You know you will see them again, but for now...sniff..sniff:(
Alison
What a grea conversation. Had a similar one with Emma when we left grand forks with Emma's friend Chloe. So cute how well they understand at such a young age, but how innocent that understanding is.
Post a Comment