Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thanks for your support!

Thanks to those of you who commented or e-mailed or called or sought me out to show me the love after my "Too 2" post about Syd last week. It's nice to know so many people love Syd for who she is. I have been doing lots of research. I don't believe there is a thing wrong with her aside from the fact that she's 2, she's got red hair and the temper to match, and she's got her Daddy's introverted personality. I wouldn't say any of those things are "wrong" by the way. In fact, I happen to think they're all fabulous myself. By introverted, I don't mean that she's shy. She's definitely not. She likes being around people and interacting with people, but the whole process of doing that wears the kid out fast. Which makes her 2 year old coping skills even less effective than normal. We will make sure to run all the concerns that were brought to my attention by her pediatrician at her next appointment, but I refuse to worry about this anymore.

Here's my Sydders -- weird but infinitely loveable! (who isn't?)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

GREAT PHOTOS OF SQUIDNEY!!!

Tanya said...

Glad to hear you're not stressing and I completely agree that nothing is wrong with Sydney. I've been thinking about you constantly and hope to have a chance to call this afternoon or tomorrow for sure. I need my Jill fix! love ya! Tanya

Unknown said...

Wanted to make sure you do follow up with your ped. If you or someone who sees you often notices something "different" NOT "wrong" with Syd, early detection is key! Trust me, my sister works with all kinds of kids, if you even suspect a teeny little bit, getting her checked out is better than waiting and it's worth the peace of mind. It's a free visit too! (Better than a $30 copay just to say she is normal!) I don't want to bum you out, but peace of mind goes a long way!