Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Too 2?

Photobucket

Hmmm... someone asked me today if Syd had "learning problems" or if a doctor had ever told me there was something wrong with her. She pretends to be a cat or dog a lot. Lays on the floor and freaks out if people get in her space. Sometimes tries to kick people who have a toy she wants. Likes to play alone. Sometimes seems lost in her own world. She IS sensitive and prone to tantrums. She goes from just fine to really agitated in like .2 seconds if something doesn't go her way. And here I thought it was all because she was two. Or introverted. Or doesn't like people telling her what to do. Or she's just difficult.

I really don't think there's anything "wrong" with her, but it does throw a person for a loop when someone says something like that. And now I'm thinking maybe I should get her evaluated? OMG, this mommy stuff sucks sometimes.

7 comments:

Only on Monday said...

uh no. i think she is 2 and has red hair! I have one just like it in South Carolina.

Anonymous said...

You know what GiGi says, "she is 2
she has red hair, and she knows that Brenna is not going away." Sydney is ok. This too will pass. Keep on keepin' on. Love, Mom Story

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) Sometimes two is just two!!! Trust me pretending to be a cat, or dog is a good thing:) If kicking someone because they have a toy is developmentally off target, don't tell Landon.

Unknown said...

One of the best ways I would describe Grayson's year of being 2 is "decreased coping skills" and use of the word "NO" excessively. I think Syd is right on track with being 2. =) Hugs to you!

Ben, Holly, Logan, and Cora said...

Wow, I think we might have an epidemic on our hands...Logan is the same way. Might be the case of the terrible two's! Although, Cora isn't two and see seems to have the same symptoms as you've described.
She sounds like the typical 2 year old to me and if it is like anythign at my house Brenna will be following in her footsteps her shortly.
You're an awesome mom! Keep up the good work!

Theresa Walker said...

I love Sydney for who she is...and from one teacher to another, you know that there are a million and one personalities out there--all God given. She just happens to have the one that firey-red-heads get! :) Keep up the great work as a great mom, Jill!

Anonymous said...

Jill-
I never believed this red-headed temperment stuff until I had a redhead myself. He's 30 now, has turned out wonderfully, a joy. I'm so glad I let him live to grow up.It was rough when he was 2 and incredibly stubborn and hotheaded.

My two year old grandson (you remember his mother Amy shared a long distance shower with you...)has taken to calling everyone "stupid poopy guy", also has kicked me.I think he's perfectly normal for his age. Just when you can't stand it anymore they stop it and then they do something else to make you nuts.

Liz from Minnesota(MaryLou's cousin)