Wednesday, March 26, 2008

All the news, whether or not it's fit to print.

Photobucket
Here are my sick and tired sweeties.

Okay, feeling a bit overwhelmed. I have 204 unread messages in my e-mail inbox. The laundry pile in the laundry room is over Brenna's head. The kids have had low-grade fevers the last few days and have gross yellow/green noses and about every noise that comes out of their mouths have that whiney quality to them.

In other news, Brenna peed on the potty last night. No, that wasn't a typo. Brenna, not Sydney. I've been putting Syd on the potty right before bath and at other times, which I did last night. She didn't go, of course. So then the 13 month old insisted on sitting on the potty. She just smiled at me like she was so pleased with herself. I said, "Can you put your pee pee in the potty?" And she just looked at me. And all of the sudden, music starts playing. Apparently the potty (a hand me down) plays music to celebrate the deed being done. Cory and I were both like, what is going on? When we realized she had peed, we about fell out on the floor. Let us just hope that Sydney follows suit. Nothing like being outdone by a 13 month old. Will Brenna be potty trained before Sydney? Stay tuned!

We're getting estimates to replace our privacy fence. The first one was astronomical. Let's hope the next ones are a little cheaper. How much can wood and a little cement really cost, people? After we figure out the fence, I have to start getting estimates on redoing the bathrooms. And the box with all the VBS stuff (did I mention I volunteered to direct VBS this summer?) is sitting in the corner of my dining room mocking me. Really need to get going on that.

Sydney is having a developmental screening sometime before May 1. They come to our home to do it, which I thought was pretty cool. I had an appointment about it yesterday. I wrote down all the quirky stuff she does and apparently it looks like she may have some sensory issues and may benefit from some sessions with an Occupational Therapist. The screening is free for children under 3. We just squeaked in. Every state is mandated to have this program. Anyhoo, if we can figure out some ways to help Sydney cope with life a little better, then great. She is super smart and beautiful and so much fun. She was so good on our trip to Wichita and I am really proud of her. So the fact that she insisted on wearing a chenille sock on her hand as we walked through Walmart yesterday does not bother me in the least. Whatever floats her boat.

And I would like to leave you with this little tidbit. Cory prefers a certain kind of Dial soap, which we are almost out of. I went to pick up some more at Walmart yesterday and they didn't have it, but they did have Dial for Men soap. Curious as to what exactly makes a soap more fit for men (aside from the obvious smell factor), I took a look at the packaging.

The Problem: Is it possible to get really clean, remove rough skin, and eliminate odor from your mansuit without drying it? WHAAAAT? I am already snickering out loud in the soap aisle, while my children flop around in the cart starting the afore mentioned whining. So I keep reading...
(skip a few lines about Dial's solution to this problem and how the soap works (how complicated can soap really be, people?)
The Result (after using the soap): "Your hair covered, meat powered Mansuit will be clean, smooth and fresh all day." Well, who knew?

I don't make this stuff up people. But you better believe I'm going to start reading packaging a little more carefully. Maybe my toothpaste box can make me laugh out loud too. OH, and P.S.... that soap smells REALLY good. Holy cow. On him, I mean, I won't be using it, but I will enjoy it when Cory does.

7 comments:

Tanya said...

I'm soooooooooooo sorry the girls are sick. You can blame me and Andrew. I'm sure he shared his germs freely. He's still coughing up a lung and yelling every 30 seconds, "I need a tissue, mommy!" I've debated taking him to the doctor, but I don't want to hear that it's just a virus and give him plenty of rest (Ha) and fluids. Hope everyone feels better soon! Love, Tanya

Mandy Cunniff said...

I just hope you don't get the stomach bug, too! We are over it, and it wasn't horrible, but yuck. Paige has gunky eyes and nose and the doctor said it was allergies, so we are back on Zyrtec. She was also running a low grade fever, but that appears to be gone. Very whiney and clingy, though.
Yay Brenna! Paige is potty training very well, too. These second borns are amazing. I think it is possible that Paige will be out of diapers before Ryan.

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Hee hee, now I know where to go for a good laugh! Get well quick quick quick so we can play!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys have got a lot going on!! I will have to get Josh some of that soap! Yeah Brenna, who cares who potty trains first, as long as someone gets out of diapers:P

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your awesome blogging! I feel totally caught up on your Easter and everything. Grayson, as of this morning, also has green coming out of his nose... Ugh. Isn't it spring, yet? And, keep us updated on what the OT recommends for Syd... I'm an OT, too, but I have never worked with kiddos... just adults. I think that's awesome that you all can get the screening before she's 3 and it's free. Yahoo for free stuff!! Take care! Love, Julie

Ben, Holly, Logan, and Cora said...

Awe, I'm so sorry you guys don't feel good. That totally sucks! Yeah for Brenna! Cora got undies from the Easter bunny, but I haven't had the courage, energy, stamina, etc. to start yet. So, instead I get to hear her whine and scream "I went pee-pee" or "I pee" if she pees in her diaper. Who knew? Good luck with the pooping! Laura's privacy trick finally worked for Logan. Miss you girlie. And that man soap...is that why Corey likes it so much? I ran to Ben's (oldspice) and it just gives a dumb-dumb version of how to wash (1. Grab your cloth 2. squeeze it out 3. lather it up 4. rinse it off)

Anonymous said...

I laughed my way through this post. So glad to hear you will be able to get Syd tested. I would liked to have seen Brenna's face when the music started on the potty. Maybe Sydney will get the idea soon. Love, Mom