Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Momma, I'm stuck!

Syd's new "thing" is to stick her head in a bucket or get on top of something or under it and say, "Momma, I'm stuck!" Then I'm supposed to go all dramatic on her and think of new and different ways to rescue her from being stuck. (except she's been a little stuffy-nosed, so it really sounds more like, "momma, I'm steak!" - haha!) I'm talking like 10 or 12 different ways. Here's the funniest place she's been stuck so far...

Photobucket

It was all good until Brenna decided it was a good time to try to poke Syd in the eyes. Game over.
Photobucket

She's all up in Sydney's business lately, which makes for especially long days for mommy. Joy!

Another new thing for Syd is learning to cut. She loves it. It makes me a little crazy, because the whole time, I have to hover and say, "We don't cut anything but paper, right Syd? ONLY the paper."
Photobucket

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Are you crazy?! Scissors?? I don't think Andrew will get a pair until he's 10. :) You are very brave!

Anonymous said...

Relax!!! Safety scissors hardly ever cause injuries that bleed (unless your name is Brooke Bair) and hair grows back. Tanya, believe me, Andrew's preschool teacher will KISS YOUR FEET if he knows how to hold scissors correctly when he gets there!! :)
Laura Bair

Mandy Cunniff said...

We didn't get scissors till Christmas! He does really well most of the time but sometimes it eats him up that he sees me cut other things. He always wants to 'help'. Beware of helpful 2 year olds with scissors!!

Jill said...

Hahaha! Okay, I'm sure Laura is referring to a time when I was visiting them (I think when I was pregnant with Sydney) and Brookie totally cut a hole in herself and completely flipped the heck out on Bill. And there was something about tylenol that I cannot recall. And probably a sighting of her sisters from her "other mother". Ahhh, I love Brookie stories.

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Aghhhh the scissors, I hear you sister! He LOVES them too! And I too have said about 1000 times, we only cut paper, we only cut paper... NOT THE DOGS JUST PAPER!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Brookie actually cut the very very tip of her finger off and it ended up having to be cauterized to stop the bleeding. But mommies, things like that rarely happen...just to Brooke. But yes, the mention of having to take tylenol was more traumatic than the injury! At least until the treatment. You should have heard her scream!! Laura

Ben, Holly, Logan, and Cora said...

Scissors huh? You know Logan couldn't figure them out a few months ago. I hadn't thought about doing it again. It has been "kill-your-sister-week" at my house this week, maybe next week I'll give it a go again. See, you've at least inspired one today.