Monday, March 24, 2008

Dinner at the Ayottes

We had dinner with the Schaefers and Ayottes on our last night in Wichita. As we cut up hot dogs, dispensed ketchup and filled sippy cups, we had a good laugh about life now as opposed to life back in the day when we could eat and chat and stay up late without stopping every 3 seconds to say, "Please sit down. Don't do that. Come back here! Don't touch your sister!"

Sydney, Andrew, Brenna, Ellie and Grace
Photobucket

Brenna and Ellie are just about the same age, although Brenna's always had a few pounds on Ellie.
Photobucket

Ahhhh.... the big girls playing and the little girls playing.
Photobucket

Bravely, we decided to put everyone but Jonathan on the steps and try to snap a picture... The first one went great!

Photobucket

But sadly, it deteriorated after that.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The girls and I stayed over one night at the Ayottes before heading back to Oklahoma early Saturday morning. I put Syd and Brenna to bed and went back upstairs for a little Jonathan bonding. What a sweet boy!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Late the next morning, I was so glad to see this (nevermind the terrible packing job.) in the back of the van.
Photobucket

And when I saw this:
Photobucket Photobucket
I knew I was almost home again. We arrived safely. The girls are good little travellers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed seeing you again!!!!!!
I am so disappointed. I guess I will have to get in my car and drive south to see those darling Peterson girls! I love the pictures of you three and your seven children. It doesn't seem that long ago, I was checking out your boyfriends for you. Congratulations to you all on your families. What fun for all of you and for me too , to see the pictures. Glad you all had a safe trip. And I love those Easter dresses.
From a sad Mrs. Cheryl

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Kid-o-rama! How fun it must have been to bond with your girls and their kiddos!