Thursday, September 11, 2008

Afternoon in the backyard

If you haven't heard, late summer in these parts is normally very hot. And summer lasts until the end of October, usually. So we were happy to have a lovely afternoon last week which was in the upper 70s and threatening to rain. So it was overcast and PERFECT for hanging out in the backyard with the new swingset.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image HostingPhotobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting

Haha! CLASSIC Brenna face....
Photobucket Image Hosting

And here we see Sydney explaining that "see that, mama? That's a plum tree. It has plums on it. It's a plum tree." Okay?!? I think she only knows about plums from the Hand Hand Fingers Thumb book "Hand picks an apple, hand picks a plum" Anyway, she was very insistent. As you can tell from the pictures.

Photobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting
Photobucket Image Hosting

It was such a lovely outside kind of day that we played in the backyard for over an hour and then we went to the playground. The end.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Cute pictures! I LOVE the classic Brenna face. Do I detect a little drama queen?! And Sydney, I think those are crepe myrtles, not plums, but I'm not an expert. :)

Theresa Walker said...

Love the "Brenna face" picture! Looks like you had a great time outside...it's been raining here since Monday, so we've not been outside much this week. *sigh* You're such a great mom--you're so patient with Syd. I'm sure I wouldn't do nearly as good of job as you do!

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Looks like fun! Wish we were there! And I'm so glad you caught Brenna's famous expression - love it!