Friday, September 19, 2008

Syd at school

I'm making a picture schedule for Sydney's classroom so I sent my camera the other day so the teachers could take pics for me. I thought some of you might like to see her day....

Here's school... all the cars are lined up to pick up the kids. The way they do this is nice because we don't have to get out of the car, unbuckle siblings, etc.
Photobucket

First off, seat activities/freetime, then bathroom, then morning meeting (calendar, weather, etc.)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Then they go to JAM (Jesus And Me) time with the whole school for their Bible story, singing, pledge and flag salute. On this day, Syd got to hold one of the flags. Exciting!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Back to the classroom for seat work:
PhotobucketPhotobucket When finished, they get to choose a puzzle or book. Here's Drew McB. who is the reason why Sydney calls all boys Drew, regardless of their actual name.
Photobucket Must have gotten loud, since Syd has her earphones on here.
Photobucket

Snack time
Photobucket Then playtime
PhotobucketPhotobucket

They played inside that day, since it was raining, but they do have a playground. Here's where they fight over the big purple shovel....Photobucket

Then circle time and more table work...
Photobucket

And before you know it, it's time to go home...
Photobucket

This is a very loose interpretation of the schedule. I'm writing it from memory, and from looking at the pics. I'm too lazy to go get the actual schedule they gave me. But anyway, that's a quick look at Syd's school day. She had 3 good days this week! Hooray! We're so proud of her. I figured it would take about a month to settle in, and it has.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

WOW! What a busy day! So glad to hear that she had a good week!

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

So fun to see! I love the picture schedule idea. And way to go Syd!