Monday, September 15, 2008

On my mind

Things I'm thinking about....

Saturday, I received a letter stating that Sydney's primary OT had resigned. Fabulous. Sydney looooooves change. I do like the other OTs and assistants we've seen and we are nearing the end of our OT experience for now anyway, I think, but it still sucks.

I think we are taking the girls on a ski trip after the first of the year... maybe with our friends the Rivards. Anyone else want to go? It has already been mentioned to Sydney -- who thinks we are going tomorrow -- and she talks about it often. She also picked out a purple coat from the LL Bean catalog that she thinks she needs for her ski trip. I can just see her now, driving her instructor crazy on the bunny hill. :-) I have no doubt that she will immediately be better than me at skiing, right out of the gate.

Brenna can carry on a whole conversation now.

B: "My paci?"
Me: "You would like your paci please?"
B: "Ummmm Hmmmm. Please!"
(I hold paci aloft.)
B: "There it is! My paci! Thank you, mama!"

she also says "There it is!" when she sees the playground, Sydney's school, our church and McDonalds.

Maybe it's because we live in a small town, but I swear these kids could get around themselves. They can tell by the way I turn, where we're going when we're in the van. And -- joy! -- Sydney has suddenly become aware of the idea of the stoplight.

"Green means go, Daddy!" Hahaha!

And lastly, (this may be the most random post I have ever made) who among you is as sick of going to the grocery store as I am? I have never once remembered everything I needed at the store in a single trip. Never once. AHHHHHHH!

Okay, I'm done now.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

You know I love random thoughts! And yes, the grocery store is the bane of my existence, even when I have a list, I forgot things and have such a short time to shop, etc. You know.

Anonymous said...

What would our weekend be without at least 3 trips to Dillons, sometimes all in the same day?

Lisa Vance