Monday, March 31, 2008

Short Update

Everyone's feeling better. I think Syd's well enough to go to MDO tomorrow. Brenna's nose is still running but much less than it has been. I think I'll not take her to Kindermusik tonight to slobber all over the instruments, but she is def. on the mend. Cory was in bed most of Saturday. He felt much better Sunday, but none of us went to church. Cory sent me out for a hour of kid-free time and then we took the girls to the playground. It was almost 90 degrees here! Whoa!

We started potty training today. So far, not so good. I'm trying to do panties, except for rest time & car time (although we aren't going anywhere today) but we've gone through 6 pairs already and not a drop of pee pee in a potty. Nice, huh? And we've been through 2 dresses on Syd and an outfit on Brenna... this is gross but she slipped in a puddle right after Syd had done her thing. Yuck, YUCK YUCK! Wish there was like a potty training boot camp you could ship them off to and they'd come back using the potty perfectly.

Sydney's developmental evaluation is on Wednesday here at our home. I was surprised how fast they were able to get us in. I must have called at just the right time. They should be able to tell me something by the end of the evaluation, which could last 2-3 hours.

And the guys are here tearing down our old fence today, so sometime in the next few days our brand new fence should be in operation. I think that's all that is going on.

8 comments:

Theresa Walker said...

We'll be prayin' for you...I'm sure that hurdle won't be fun when we get to it either. Gabrielle's started throwing mini "fits" this week for me when I say no (to things like emptying out the silverware drawers). I would love your advice on time-outs if you have any for babies her age.
Hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Syd's eval! Call me if you need anything. If you find the potty boot camp, count us in:)

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

It gets better pretty quicly :) Hang in there! We did the no pants-potty within an arms reach for a day and that really helped him figure out when he needed to sit on the potty. I think just knowing anything was there (diaper/pullup/undies) made him think it was still OK to go.
WE MISS YOU!

Anonymous said...

Just remember that urine is sterile.
:)
We bribed Isabella with m&ms.
:)Lisa

Sarah said...

Good luck with Syd's app't! And ditto the others -- if you find a potty boot camp, Kelly can be Syd's roommate! Ugh!!! (We have been through 3 pairs of panties today. And it's only 10:45!)

Ben, Holly, Logan, and Cora said...

Keep up the good work! It will be all worth it in the end. Logan went naked for about a week and we did stickers on the potty (to get him to relax enough) and pee pee chocolate. I'm all about bribary! Also, be prepared to throw away undies.

Unknown said...

I tried to potty train Grayson for about 4 days, because he was showing all the "readiness" signs. I gave up after all the accidents and when I found him standing on the piano bench, completely naked and just peeing away. =) A week later, he said he wanted to wear big-boy underwear, and he's been potty trained ever since. I firmly believe the kid has to sort-of want to do it, otherwise they'll just pee wherever (i.e. a piano!!)
Good luck w/ Syd's eval!! =)

Theresa Walker said...

Let us know how the eval went today...I have been praying that everything went smoothly for Syd (and you too) today!
T