Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Holy cow. What a night.

So Brenna's feeling better, in case you were wondering. Syd went to MDO today. Cory was home feeling like crap. Brenna and I did a bunch of errands. Then a little before 4 p.m. we left to take Syd to OT. When we got home from OT and a quick stop at Wal-Mart, Cory's car was gone. Fleetingly, I thought, "I hope he didn't take himself to the ER or something." Guess what? he did!

I called Jaimee to come stay with the girls. She and Ben came over in like 5 minutes flat. I got to the hospital right as they were calling Cory back to an examining room. He got an IV port put in, got like 5 vials of blood drawn, got a chest x-ray (then another because apparently he has super long lungs.... who knew? He made some comment about it not helping his running times) and some meds to finally ease some of the discomfort he was having.

About that time I realized it was 7:20 and called home to check in. Jaimee didn't answer, Julie did! Turns out Jaimee was having some concerning pains and being 17ish weeks pregnant, was not taking any chances. So she called Julie and called her husband Marc, and by the time I was talking to Julie, Jaimee, Marc and Ben were all sitting in the waiting room. Crazy, huh?

So I call Sarah and ask her to please go stay with the girls, then since it looked like Cory was going to be waiting around, I went home to put the girls to bed. By the time I'd given them a bath, Cory called saying the were releasing him. So Sarah and I put the girls in the van and drove back to the hospital where they all waited while I went in and got Cory. He was very well medicated by this time. Home again, and put everyone to bed, then I ran out to Walgreens to fill a prescription before speeding home to release Sarah from the pit of germs and craziness.

Jaimee called to say everything was okay and they were on their way to get Ben, who had since been dropped off at Jenn's house... I called Jenn to say we weren't going to make it to Wichita Falls tomorrow (Syd and Olivia's birthday party at Paws and Claws was supposed to be tomorrow. We are rescheduling.) Everyone was still awake and screaming at Jenn's, .... so needless to say, we are all glad this day is over.

His grace is new every morning, thankfully. Say a few prayers for all of us to stay well and not pass along the germies to all of our friends who were here to help. Whew. I'm going to bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What did they decide was wrong with Cory? I hope everyone slept for you last night. Hang in there!! Love, Mrs. Laura

Jill said...

Just some kind of weird virus that is really going around here right now.

Jill said...

oops, didn't mean to publish that so quick. Everyone slept very well. So far the girls seem fine and Cory has literally not come out of our room today. So hopefully we can keep his bug away from the rest of us.

Tanya said...

What kind of crazy germs do you have down there?! It's summer and hot - the bugs should all be baking! Hope you all are feeling better! I'll call tomorrow to check on you.