Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Potty Training Day 1

Oh geez. What have I gotten myself into? So we're nakey (not all of us, I mean, but Syd and she LOVES it) She started out the morning by pooping in the potty. What? I was really not expecting that for awhile. "Wow, Syd!" I said, "You put your poopy in the potty. Yay for you!!"

She looked at it and said, "That's my poopy. That's just wonderful." Hahahaha!

Okay, then we were painting at the kitchen table. I don't know what possesses me to let Brenna try this stuff. I'm cleaning up her catastrophe of paint and water then changing a stinky diaper of hers when I hear running water. "Syd," I said, "Did you spill your paint water?"

"Nope." She confirmed. Nope, indeed. Instead the little nakey person had crouched in her booster seat at the table while painting and peed all over everything. I was about to cry trying to keep them both out of it and clean it up.

ALL I DO IS CLEAN UP. POOP. PEE. PAINT. SNOT. CRUMBS OFF THE CARPET. I AM SICK OF CLEANING UP.

Then we went out to the playroom and took the potty chair with us. Syd all the sudden yells, "I have to go potty" and runs over and sits down and pees! Triumph! Then as I am heading to the bathroom with the pee, I see out of the corner of my eye that Brenna has climbed up and is about to dump over my tea. She had only spilled a little by the time I got to her. While I was cleaning that up she went over and grabbed the clorox wipes and stuffed one in her mouth! OH MY GOD! (this is not blasphemy. It was a prayer in itself.)

While I am saying things I shouldn't under my breath, rinsing Brenna's mouth and still trying to get to the bathroom to dump out the pee, I bump my head on the open upper cabinet as I come around the corner. Seriously? Are there cameras in my house?

We've had several successful peeing in the potty episodes since all that went down and Brenna is down for a nap and I just had to get this out. If you made it this far, bless you! And also I would like to say thank you, God, for Jelly Beans. The end.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, there are those of us that WISH there were cameras in your house!! Just kidding. I can laugh because I have been there, done that. And see, I am almost a normal functioning human being still. I'm glad Cory just has a virus and hope he feels better really soon. Love ya!! Mrs. Laura

Jessie said...

At least you are having potty success for the most part! That is great! I seem to bump my head and be cleaning up everything on most days too. ;)

Unknown said...

You all have had a rough couple of days. Hang in there! I did catch Grayson standing (completely naked) on our piano bench, just peeing on our wood floor, in the middle of our potty training days. IT WILL GET BETTER! =)

Motherhood Mayhem said...

I had one of those days today!! I hear you about the cleaning!! Does it ever stop?? I have to run - I've things to clean up.

Hope Cory feels better!