Monday, June 09, 2008

Vegas Rewind part 3

The Bellagio was absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad we stayed there for this getaway, just for the experience. It was nice to have a nearly kid-free vacation. We hardly saw any kids, except for at the aquarium. And of course, you can't beat the views of the amazing fountain shows. When we checked in, they asked if we wanted a king or 2 queen room. The queen room was on the 28th floor smack dab in the middle of the hotel, so our view was especially perfect.

Just a note though, the thing about a 5 star hotel is, no matter how gorgeous it is, it still kinda sucks because everything you might need is neither conveniently located, nor affordable in the least. Take for instance the $4 coke in the mini fridge. Everyone knows not to touch anything in any mini-fridge, but the thing is, the cokes downstairs at the cafes were $4 too and it took quite a walk to get to them. A breakfast roll was around $7. Whereas say down at the Mandalay Bay where we had visited the aquarium, they were selling crispy kreme donuts in their food court area, and also had other, not quite so fancy schmancy offerings.

So yeah, I'm glad we stayed at the Bellagio, but if we ever go back, we'd trade a few stars to feel a bit more at home. Check out our room...

Here's the hotel, right in the center of the Vegas strip. Excellent location. We walked one way one day and the other direction the next. My legs killed by the end of the first day.
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The bathroom was amazing, though. I wanted to pack up this shower and take it home with me.
Photobucket

I never did take a bubble bath, but I was tempted to.
Photobucket
Photobucket

View from our window...
Photobucket

No comments: