Wednesday, June 18, 2008

VBS Day 3

Took away a knife from a 5 year old this morning. 2 days to go....

7 comments:

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

WHAT!!!!????!!!!

Anonymous said...

ROFL!! I knew that church was street!!

Tanya said...

KNIFE? Scary! What kind of knife and where does a 5 year old get a knife? Seriously!

Motherhood Mayhem said...

Do tell more!!!

Jill said...

Okay, here's the story. It was a little folding knife but it did look fairly sharp. The kid's dad is a rancher guy and I'm sure they let him carry it around at home to "help" fix stuff. His mom is working VBS and had no idea he had slipped it in his pocket. He had showed it to a little boy on the playground who then told one of the helpers. She actually took it from him and brought it and him to me. He was bawling his little eyes out poor kid. I think he was scared to death.

It was all innocent. Although pretty sure if he does that at kindergarten next year he'll get himself expelled in this day and age. He's a sweet little boy, though. I felt bad for him. ... but I did think "oh, I am SO putting this on my blog."

Jill said...

and I am totally LOL at your comment, Allison!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Have you ever had such a popular post? Now you know that all you need to do is mention a knife and VBS in the same sentence to hear from all your friends!! Just one more day! Mrs. Laura