Vacation Bible School. Very Bad Scene. Volunteering Bites Sometimes. Vapid Beasts Surrounding.... sorry, got off on a bit of a tangent there. I volunteered to direct VBS this summer at our church. It's like a 3rd of the size of the VBS's we used to have at Eastminster, so I thought, no biggie.
I'm not sure what I was thinking. Don't you get that sinking feeling the second after the words, "Okay, I'll do it." come out of your mouth like I do? I know it's only a week though and I can do ANYTHING for a week. It actually went very well but geez. I am tired.
This post has absolutely no point. Unless you tell me your favorite VBS memory in the comment section. Mine was being the mayor of Veggietown. Who can put that on their resume?
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I liked spelling JESUS out of bread dough.. this is my totally pointless comment:P, but also my favorite VBS memory.lol, Oh, and I almost forgot, passing the egg on the spoon to Ben Engle's spoon. with the spoon in our mouths. Scandalous, I know, it was a very liberal church:)
My favorite memory was you being the mayor of Veggie Town!!! I thought you did put this on your resume!. I am working from home during our VBS next week. I think I will enjoy the whole adventure so much better from there!!!
Cheryl
Oh, I forgot it was VBS this week. I'm sure your world is crazy!
This isn't really a favorite memory - just a memory - and probably not very inspiring, but I think you'll appreciate it. By day 3 I would start singing as I drove to VBS, "Bible School is over and we are going home. Good-bye. Good-bye." And then I would go teach the children about God's love. Nice, huh?!
I'll pray the week goes quickly and smoothly!
Gigi says "VBS starts Monday. I am Flame' pronounced fla may, a pink flamingo. a REALLY CUTE puppet and she has an attitude. but I only have to be there for 15 minutes. I am thrilled to be able to do VBS for the first time since 2005." Love, Grandma
Post a Comment