I would like to report that during a conversation with my eldest daughter last night at the Summers' pool, she said to me "I SAID NO!" Of course, I have NEVER said this to her (yeah, right) so I have no idea where she heard it.
This is one of those things that is jaw-dropping funny the first time you hear it coming from a tiny little girl, but is not so funny as time goes on.
So yeah, the sassiness is growing by leaps and bounds. And I guess part of it is a good thing because she is really talking up a storm lately. Having conversations with people other than me. Discussing what she is doing as she is doing it. Being creative with her toys and making them talk to each other. Asserting her opinion. We see her becoming more confident in many areas and her OT told me yesterday that she will do just fine in preschool.... that she is super bright and coming out of her shell. And the teachers will just need to encourage her and be firm about a few things. She's using her words and hasn't had a complete meltdown in weeks. Course now I've jinxed that, but it has been wonderful.
She was a real trooper this week and had a lot of fun in her class at VBS. On Thursday when I told her we were going to church AGAIN she said, "Okay." instead of "Nooooooooooo!" So I took that as a good sign. They did the cutest crafts and learned songs and had a bouncy castle in their room on Friday. She even came out to the gym at the end of our County Fair carnival and went down the big slide all by herself. She's really growing up. I'm so proud of her.
And Brenna, forgettaboutit! That girl could have easily been a daycare kid. She just marched right into her class all week and had a blast. It helps that all the nursery workers are in love with her. I'm thankful that she saves her attitude for when she's at home, because she does have one. What child of mine would not have at least a little sass? :) I'm sure her "I said NO!" is not too far behind Syd's. And p.s. ... she went down the slide too (with Daddy.)
We survived our VBS week and it went very, very well. Now we're going to try to relax for awhile. Stay tuned for the potty training chronicles... coming to a bathroom (not-so-near you) beginning Thursday. It's always something, isn't it?
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
So glad to hear that Sydney, Brenna, and even you had fun at VBS. We look forward to the continuing fun at your house. Love, Mom/Grandma Story
A little sass never hurt anyone, well maybe a little. I still have a little. hugs and kisses and lots of love.
Gigi
Oops. I may have said that a time or two myself while I was there. Sorry!! Actually, in about 10 years, you will be LONGING for the days she just sasses with "I said NO!" Love to all!
Mrs. Laura
Gigi, you did it! You figured out how to comment! YAY!
That was pretty funny! Especially since it wasn't my child, yet! :) You did a great job at VBS!
Post a Comment