Saturday, August 16, 2008

1/3 update and other ramblings

I'm off to a good start with the whole getting rid of a third of everything thing. Sarah and I and Jaimee and Maggie had a garage sale this morning. I sold $150 worth of stuff and came home with only a double stroller that didn't sell. I think I can sell it at the thrift store on base. Everything else I had for sale that didn't sell, I left with Sarah so she could donate it to the thrift store. It feels nice to get rid of stuff. Oh yeah, and I also bought Sarah's Maclaren stroller she was selling... 3 steps forward, one step back. Love me a Maclaren stroller. Sometimes when Cory is with us, I think we need 2 singles instead of the double. Speaking of which...

We're going to Minnesota for Thanksgiving! Fun! We haven't flown with 2 since the last time we went to MN, which was when Brenna was 2 months old and considerably more portable. Should be interesting. Thank you God for DVD players, lollipops and direct flights. We'll fly out of Dallas. Stay for a week and fly home. Heads up to our homies up North... get ready. We're coming to see ya!

Now that the garage sale is over, I can be happy about the fact that it is pouring down rain. What a lovely way to spend an afternoon. Brenna's napping. Syd's watching Dora, and I'm blogging. Cory, is of course doing homework at the office, so that stinks. Poor guy. Wish he had more free time.

But now I'm done blogging and so I think I'll look around for more stuff to get rid of. One funny before I leave you: I told Cory about my glorious 1/3 plan. He said, "Have you gotten rid of anything I care about yet?" Not that he knows of. ;-)

No comments: